GIRD YOUR LOINS!
Our GIRD YOUR LOINS series continues as we seek the Lord individually about our health and wellness!
3 Steps to a Custom Wellness Plan: seeking direction for your health while TTC
STEP 3: Own it & Rock it.
1 Cor 10:31 "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
- Be okay with baby steps and be okay with going all in. Do what you feel led to do, not what the internet tells you to do or what your bf is doing. God may have you do something that seems so small or something that is a tremendous challenge. Your journey is different and that is beautiful!
- Don't compare and don't discredit things He tells you that may seem odd. This is your prescription from God for your health. Or at least the start of it!
- Be prepared to "own" your plan when someone asks you "why are you cutting out xyz?" or "why aren't you doing xyz?" It's your God-given wellness plan, and it's perfect for you because it comes from our Creator!!
- Do your very best and be willing to allow God to continue to speak to you about your health and wellness!
- Don't feel guilty when you mess up! He will convict but not bring guilt! If you mess up, begin again! His mercies are new every morning!
This is just a snippet of Psalm 119 in the Message Version. As you read this, be thinking about your health and how God wants to direct us in everything we do.
Every word you give me is a miracle word—
how could I help but obey?
Break open your words, let the light shine out,
let ordinary people see the meaning.
Mouth open and panting,
I wanted your commands more than anything.
Turn my way, look kindly on me,
as you always do to those who personally love you.
Steady my steps with your Word of promise
so nothing malign gets the better of me.
Smile on me, your servant;
teach me the right way to live.
I cry rivers of tears
because nobody’s living by your book!
I call out at the top of my lungs,
“God! Answer! I’ll do whatever you say.”
I called to you, “Save me
so I can carry out all your instructions.”
I was up before sunrise,
crying for help, hoping for a word from you.
I stayed awake all night,
prayerfully pondering your promise.
In your love, listen to me;
in your justice, God, keep me alive.
I hope this little series has been beneficial for you! If you missed Step 1 or Step 2 just click on them here. It's my deep desire that you would seek God for yourself, for your own health, and for your own family!
I want to personally invite you to join our little community on Periscope for live encouragement! You can leave comments and get involved in the conversations!
Download Periscope for Android or iPhone OR watch on a web browser at www.periscope.tv/laurenbourne
LATELY ON INSTAGRAM: